Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took My 67 Camaro to a Body shop last fall in September to be painted When I had to go get it in Feburary the gas gauge was reading full all of the time, my car has the fuel gauge in the console & the low fuel warning light was working when i took it to him now it doesn't work would removing the rear wiring harness & the ground not being hooked up in the trunk for the rear lights cause this? :confused:

·
Retired
16,008 Posts
Yep been there done that, check grounds, scrape and use the sharp edged star washers for good connections when you tighten down.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paul it got painted yesterday, & it does look good, They should have thier part finished next week & then I'll start putting it back together here at home. Look at the pic's of it in my website

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Since all of the answers are what you need to check I will just say go with it mine always reads empty or close to it. I wish mine would say full

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At 196.9 for preiumn gas I want to make sure that I have some in it, they run out at the body shop moving it into the paint booth.With a 396 & a 750 cfm elderbroock carb I know that it will not be real easy on gas

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm not sure about a 67, but a 69 has a ground wire from the fuel sending unit. You might want to take a look and see if it is attached to a good ground.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
If it's always reading full, your problem is a bad ground. The ground is located just above the front leading edge of the tank, secured to the frame rail with a star washer. Crawl under there, clean everything off, secure it good, make sure the wire isn't broken, and you'll be good to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts