Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help, I'm having a problem trying to figure out if my gas guage is bad or my sending unit inside the tank.

I pulled the gas sending unit out of the tank and checked it with my multimeter, each time I moved the float up or down, it registered on the meter from about .80 down to 0 each full rotation.

Each time I turned the ignition to run position, the gas meter goes all the way to the right position, when I turn the ignition switch off, the gas gauge continues to stay to the far right position, doesn't move. I pulled the glass bubbles off so I could move the gas hand backwards to the emepty position while running my tests. Each time I turned the key on, the hand would rapidly go to the full right position.

------------------
Sinkit67 "Lets get started".

·
Registered
152 Posts
i have the same thing happen to me. your sending unit and guage should not be bad. what is probably wrong is that the housing is not making a good ground. start there. respond and let me know if this works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.