Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$1.99 to 2.09 Last week - Exxon, 7-11, Citgo, etc.
$2.39 to 2.45 This week - same vendors

Crude oil
Barrel two weeks ago - $38
Today $57 last checked this AM.

Thank you, Politians.
I guess this summer I'll mow the yard every two - three weeks vice every week.
Thank you for letting me vent.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Just wait. Under Trump we in expensive a$$ California were paying in the 2's for 4 years. In 2012 I paid 5 a gallon in Barstow, we'll get there again with these clowns.
Already back to 3.50

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
1,082 Posts
Lowest price in my area in Western Mass today is $2.22/Gallon for regular. And its a 20 mile ride to that Mobil station so I use the local gas station about a mile away in the center of town, pay a dime more. Here's a gas price chart our local TV News station posts once a week for my neck of the woods. The price of gas is not set by any president/politician, you can read this if you're bored today LOL.

Can the President Control Gas Prices?

Here's a comparison of California, New Jersey, and Louisiana below. They don't show the state/federal tax impact, but I'm betting California is up there with the gas tax? Anyone know why there was a big spike in the pump price in October 2019?

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Yeah killing the oil industry stateside should lower prices. I don't need a bull$hit graph to read the sign at the pump. You watch energy prices rise across the bored.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Anyone know why there was a big spike in the pump price in October 2019?
The increase was basically on the west coast:

"West Coast gasoline prices in 2019 were especially elevated because of a combination of local refinery outages and attacks on Saudi Arabian oil facilities. These events led to average prices in California rising higher than the $4.00/gal mark for only the second time since 2014. Of the 10 cities for which EIA collects data, retail gasoline prices in San Francisco were the highest for all but three weeks in 2019. Average gasoline prices for the entire West Coast region moved within a range of $2.91/gal to $3.71/gal during the year."

Events like this will continue to pressure prices upward. Once COVID is over I expect a shortage due to closed refineries and the obvious increase in demand.

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts
California uses a special blend . It needs to be refined more than the normal states need. It's ok California will not need gas in a few years anyway.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I should probably rethink my pro-tour build, maybe an inline 250 would be a good choice?

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
We have a winter blend and a summer blend and they always gouge during the "changeover"

Reactions: bills69

·
20,096 Posts
2.459 most everywhere here in Baltimore to Bel Air area

I hate the 10% ethanol being added in....Alcohol doesn't help MPG, just their RON.

80 miles a day for work 7 days a week adds up fast...:rolleyes:

·
11,451 Posts
IMO Most of this increase is the expectation of normality of fuel use in the spring, coupled with the Texas refineries being shut down for cold = Politicians and ERCOT cold weather polices. Also offshore non-US refineries cutting back from COVID leaving fuel supplies low when the winter weather spiked :(

·
20,096 Posts
$2.99 for 87 $3.09 Diesel....as soon as I crossed the PA line from MD all the way to Pittsburg.

$2.45-$2.65 for 87 at various stations in my MD home area.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
$2.99 for 87 $3.09 Diesel....as soon as I crossed the PA line from MD all the way to Pittsburg.

$2.45-$2.65 for 87 at various stations in my MD home area.
And if you took the PA Turnpike probably $30 in tolls. I think they jacked their gas tax a few years ago, or at least raised it along the TP.

·
20,096 Posts
And if you took the PA Turnpike probably $30 in tolls. I think they jacked their gas tax a few years ago, or at least raised it along the TP.
Snowing it's butt off.... no way would I take 68. Full tank when I left, so no stops on the pike except to pee at Summerset stop and refill tank in Pitts. before moving Daughter to Indiana area. ...638.8 miles, 10hrs + driving, plus Uhaul, plus moving out and in....16-17 hr. day.....I'm beat. Too old for this 🙄🙄🤣🤣🤣
So, yes, picked up B-I-L in Stewarts town, so 83 to 76 and west.
Snow that blew across the streets on 99 that melted.... re-froze and made a sketchy ride home in spots.
21* when I left MD, 19* in Stewarts town, seen as low as 11* in the Pitts, snow on/off all day.

Still was $2.99 everywhere and on TP also.

But...a pretty ride LOL

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Yeah I-68 can get dicey in the winter months, out past Cumberland. Years ago I got an EZ Pass so my wife didn't have to listen to me complaining about the tolls every time we headed west to Ohio.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Why's this show N/A?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts