Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to replace my gas sending unit; called the National Parts Depot warehouse today and was asked a question that I couldn't answer.

It appears that a 67 Camaro could come with two (2) different fuel tank sending units. One for a "Exc 4v" meaning 4 barrel carb and one for 2v barrel or 6 cylinders.

When I purchased this car, it came with a 350 engine w/ 4v. What should I order. The car code is 124377L108089 which is a 8 cyl, but I don't know if it came from the factory with a 2or4 barrel, it appears that it also came with a powerglige 2 speed from the factory, if that helps.

------------------
Sinkit67 "Lets get started".

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I would think the difference would be in the size of the outlet 3/8 or 5/16. I always thought that all v8's had 3/8.

------------------
68 z28 ,68 rs 327 ,73 454 vette, 2 goofy kids

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well if you have a four barrel on it now get the one that is made for it. I'm sure you are not gonna go back to the two barrel right.
Good luck

------------------
70 1/2 RS Camaro

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
The 3/8" got to have better flow, you never know if in the future you want to up grade your engine and need that flow. Or you may want to keep your car all original, you have the word.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As mentioned above, the 3/8" was for the V8's and the 5/16" for the 6 cyls. The 3/8" for the V8's also had two options. There is a single supply tube in the sender and the other for High Perf 350's and big blocks had two tubes into the sender. The addtional tube was a fuel return.

Larry 69 Coupe 454 / 5 Speed

·
Registered
24 Posts
Early 67 V8 s had 5/16 lines. You can tell which the car had by measuring the fuel line
that runs from the tank to the fuel pump.The fuel pump will also have either a 5/16 or 3/8 fitting. I don't think the separate vent tube was added until 69. I don't think the size of the fuel line was determined by engine size but just by the build date.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you have a decent GM parts man you can still get Tank Unit part # 6428068 ACDelco from your local dealer, mine was $58.54 and that is single 3/8 line.

------------------
Rodney Colbert 67 RS with 68 big block drive train 70 Chevelle SS Real L-78 4-speeed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts