Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this in here because I'm trending this '69 build towards a more pro touring look. I'm going through my interior and thinking about going with the DSE dash insert. I'm looking for some opinions/photos of others and what gauges you guys recommend going with!

·
Registered
183 Posts
That looks great... good job.

Id like to get a custom dash in mine eventually.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Covans Dash

Console to match

·
Registered
140 Posts
Route 66 Motorsports put out a pretty sweet dash like DSE but cheaper, I'll try and find some pics.

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
Route 66 Motorsports put out a pretty sweet dash like DSE but cheaper, I'll try and find some pics.
All I could find from Route 66 Motorsports was a billet aluminum insert for the guages and you use the outer plastic factory guage cluster. Is this what you are talking about? It was like 425.00 just for the insert.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yea thats what I was talking about, it looked sweet in person.

·
Registered
51 Posts
on a budget so i'm doin the newvintageusa 69 series speedo/tach in place of the speedo/fuel and bought the center console with gauge cluster

just doin the speedo/tach, not adding the temp/air/fuel since it will be on the console....has a nice vintage look but is new and LED...less than 400 for the 2 gauges.

http://www.newvintageusa.com/1969.html

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I wanted the pro touring look with the stock dash. I disassembled the 5" Autometer gauges and installed them in the stock location with just minor cutting. A couple of simple brackets bolted the rear of each gauge has held both the speedo and tach in place w/o any problems.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts