Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing an elec. Temp and Press gauge and the instructions states to run a 18g twin conductor wire from sensor to sensor terminal on gauge.

What is a twin conductor wire?

Will a regular 18g wire work?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Tomstv,

The illustration shows three wires a 12v ign to ign terminal on gauge, Engine GND to GND terminal on gauge, and Temp/Press sender to sender terminal on gauge. It only shows one wire from the sender to the gauge, and the sender has only one terminal, so where does the second wire come into the picture?

What am I missing?

[This message has been edited by mohawk (edited 10-23-2002).]

·
15,370 Posts
Who's the manufacturer of the gauge(s)? I'd give them a call. Sounds like a typo.... or there's something we're missing.

Unless.... because it's a Temp/Press gauge, they assume there's 2 connections at the sensor itself and the twin-conductor wire connects to those two, then come together at the sensor connection at the gauge.

------------------
Joe
WCA Member
1969 Wallet Crusher
- [email protected]
HwyStar's Garage!

[This message has been edited by HwyStarJoe (edited 10-24-2002).]

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called Auto meter and they said, a single 18g wire from the sender to the gauge will be sufficient. Also, the ground wire need not be close to the sensor as per instructions, any engine/batt ground will work.

The only time a twin conductor (speaker) wire is required is for a fuel gauge sender installation.

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts