Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 68 came, when purshased, with a 67 console so when finished it's going to run without it 'till I save enough for at least a repro one. The question is, have any of you installed an A-pillar gauge pod? I have seen several advertised in Summit for newer Camaros, but will it fit in mine? I want to install the water temp. and oil pressure in it, I already installed the fuel gauge in the left air cond. vent, at least until the console is installed or better yet an A/C system. Obviously I had a tach gauge panel so I need more data to run it safely.

·
Registered
428 Posts
They have came out with these for the Chevelles. I don't like them at all, the idea is great, but the installation just looks sloppy in those old Chevelles. Some people seem to like the look, I just like my add on's to be clean.

------------------
Bryan Shook
Favorite Quote - Some people have shrinks. Some people have their garage.
My Father's 1968 RS 327!
My First Generation Camaro site

·
Registered
622 Posts
I run some in my pickup (dodge cummins) I put the exh temp and boost in them, they really block periphial vision,
John

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
If i'm following you, you're going to leave the '67 console out of your '68 and buy the correct console in the future. If this is the case, I'd suggest that you buy guages that are 2-1/16" diameter and one of those generic mounting brackets to fit them in. Then when you get your new console, buy one of the Autometer console gauge pods and switch the guages over to that. I think it would be easier to remove the generic guage bracket from under the ash tray and not have to fix anything than it would be to remove one of the A-pillar pods-I think they use double sided tape to hold them on.

Just a suggestion, if you want to get rid of the '67 floor console I bet someone here would want it. Post an ad in the for sale section. You could even list it as "will trade for '68/'69 console. I know shipping might be high, but at least that would be all you have to pay. Just my $.02 for whatever it's worth!

------------------
Bret Copsey
'68 Camaro base coupe
'92 Caprice wagon
'98 Malibu

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments, I think I'll go with the underdash option for now. As for the console, Bret, I'll post it to see what comes out, but the shipping thing may hold a deal. The console lacks the shift gate portion but has the lid, just may need some paint.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
You may as well give it a try. You'll never know unless you do. To get an idea of what it would cost to ship, try this link http://postcalc.usps.gov/
Maybe you'll luck out and find someone local that needs it. Good luck!

------------------
Bret Copsey
'68 Camaro base coupe
'92 Caprice wagon
'98 Malibu

1 - 6 of 6 Posts