Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have info/pics of gauges installed in the opening of the AC control panel----NOT the vent opening-- on a 69 camaro? I am going to install a gen4 with their rotary controls mounted elsewhere, freeing up the need for the old AC control panel. Seems like a great place for gauges--easy to look at while driving, instead of looking down at the console.
Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on, fellow members, I have never seen it in pictures, but it seems like a great idea. Has anyone put gauges in the AC control panel hole?

·
14,275 Posts
Come on, fellow members, I have never seen it in pictures, but it seems like a great idea. Has anyone put gauges in the AC control panel hole?
Don't think opening is large enough to put 4 gauges in it. At least not 2 1/8" gauges

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Would the type of gauges from the 69 firebird work? They're a sawtooth configuration.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about speedo and tach in main ipc holes, fuel in the center clock location, and oil, coolant, and volts in the AC panel slot

·
Lifetime Gold Member
1,113 Posts
Yes my buddy bought a 69 with the gauges in the control panel opening, he just changed it back to a control panel and gauges under the dash.

Just my opinion, but it looked like a rig job. The gauge panel was a perfect fit, looked like it was made for there but again, looked hokey. I wish I had taken a pic of it now.

And for the record I am a fan of doing things a little differently but that just didn't work for me. JMO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts