Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping big gear head will chime in on this one. I just recently got a steal ($125.00) on a newer 4 series Eaton posi with the carbon fiber clutch pack. I want to make sure I'm running the best gear oil and additives for this carrier. So just what would that be????? Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
go to the chevy dealer and get 2 bottles of posi lube additive i put 2 in every rear i do gms are better than fords or dodge (i put gm lube in both lol) and fill with reg gear oil or if you want go synthetic doesnt matter but what you use always use dont change back and forth.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I think Bill nailed it , I only use one bottle of GM additive though and fill with reg. gear oil . Been doing it this way for 20 plus years,never a problem. I would'nt even bother with the syn. lube.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
I use Amsoil Severe Gear 75W90 synthetic oil. This oil needs no additive. If you follow the instructions in the Eaton box it says not to use synthetic. I don't know why, but that is what it says. I haven't had any problems with the Amsoil oil. If you want to be safe then use the GM oil or other GL5 80W90 oil with one bottle of the GM or Ford additive. I think the Ford additive works best, but some people have a problem using Ford products in a Chevy. You will need about 2 quarts of oil, or maybe a little more. Put the additive in the first bottle of oil before you put it in the rear end.

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
Amsoil in my Eaton posi and it purrs like a kitten. It meets all the GL requirements of the Eaton. They just have not tested it against every fluid on the market, so to play it safe they say dont use syn's, but the syn makers say their fluids are fine and warranty it too. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts