Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting slowly upset by a local bodyshop, I made a deal with a guy with a local body shop, I was & and still am impressed with a solid car (got to see it before he started) .I have paid for car, title is in my name.Car is 1969 SS w/o matching motor. Had the car painted 2 weeks ago, BaseCoat Clearcoat,Hugger Orange,Code 72,Was told to wait 2 weeks for paint to vent before he could wetsand, no problem. I used to spray years ago Imrom,Amerflint,Acrylic Enamel w/ Harderner ,Binks #7....pointed out a few dings, imperfections,etc. He told me it is costing him money each time.I paid top dollar in my opinion in good faith for an expected product(dumb on my part),people are not honest on the handshake as years ago. He has a real clean 1967 Chevy 2 (nova) that is done right and was done 7 years ago and is like glass,no orange peel ,no ripples...........I hate to ride people being a Christian, but I am fixing to go back to my old ways and turn this guy upside down and shake the change out his pockets...but I am trying to be patient as he is trying to work with me,I realize Rome was'nt built in a day but everytime I stop by he is working on somebody's else JUNK....Has ANYONE had this happen............I am trying to be patient

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paid around $5500 for paint I know that's not much but I will not except "bondo ponds" where the dings were, also alot of dirt is in car that might wetsand out, but way more dirt than normal,I don't expect a showroom job because of the price paid but I expect to have a good driver,weekend warrrior condition, I don't feel I am being unfair especially since that is what we both agreed on along with a handshake and contract. Paid $20,000 for car with the paint-job negotiated in also, I figure car was worth 14,000 -15,000. solid car but alot parts were missing that I have new from Rick's.......sorry to whine , but I am just venting...hopefully we can work this out....thanks for your input guys....Alan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.