Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have decided to go with 15x7 chrome Torq-Trust D wheels. Diamondback 500 redlines tires, 215x65x15 on the front and 235x60x15 on the back. It's a tad conservative but I don't want to risk any rubbing issues. Any stance issues?

Question, what is the correct backspace and bolt circle that I should order? It's a 1967 SS/RS 396 with factory front disc brakes. Sorry if this topic has already been beat to death but after 12 years, this is my shot.

Thanks - Art

·
Registered
136 Posts
i believe that you can order a set with "custom" B/S.From american racing.Just have the guy at the retail store contact A.R and make the order.If your car is lowered you would need the extra b/s for sure .personally i would go with an 8" rim on the back with a 41/4" b/s and a 255-60-15 and 7" on front with 4" b/s and either a 215-60 or a 215-65 or a 225-60.I do have a torque thrust two on my car a 68 with this combo on it and it is lowered 2 inches,no problems with rub.Even with a 7" i would go with a 245-60 on the rear.All of what i just passed onto you is what worked for me.There can be certain things about each car that can make a difference,things like body panel fit,sub frame alignment and the general condition of your suspension components. I hope that this helps a little

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
69RSBowtie, have you mounted your new rims and tires yet? Any issues with the 3.75 back space?

Futura

1 - 6 of 6 Posts