Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my first (first gen) camaro in December after 25 years of wanting, searching, and general feelings of jealousy for those that do have them.

Nonetheless, in my short time of ownership I have found this site and it's members to be THE definitive resource for rebuilding and troubleshooting everything I've come across thus far. To date, I've completed an entire front end rebuild, miscellaneous interior upgrades, and some minor steering troubleshooting. My goal is to get my 1968 SS/RS bullet-proof from a handling, suspension, and cooling aspect in preparation for leaving the small block realm and heading to ZZ502 space.

I've been on the side lines since December... taking in everything from everybody. I really appreciate the effort all of you put into this site, and making it what it is.

As the title says... glad to be a new part of the team.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome aboard! Enjoy your project :)

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
you've been hanging around here for 6 months and only have 3 posts? Shame sahme shame. I didn't see you at byron dragway last weekend either. And... you live less than an hour from me.

Don't you realize this is really a social group for car crazy misfits?

Glad to see you out of the closet!
Pictures, we need pictures!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Welcome aboard from another '68 owner. I was born and raised in Streator, and I still get there every couple weeks. Actually, I'm re-doing my '68 there now... Hope to see you at the Streator Cruise Night this year.

Jim

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah... I'm finally breaking out of the closet. I plan on becoming more involved now that the front end rebuild is done.

Unbelievable the steering and handling difference once you upgrade from ORIGINAL 40 year old parts. I'd swear I could put the lower ball joints between my fingers and get them to spin like a top.

Next on the list is a rear suspension and brake update. Once done, I'll feel safe enough to get out and about.

Good hearing from you guys thus far. JimM and .gearhead... hope to see you around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts