Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of 60's GM car's with a little glass bottle mounted on the LH inner fender , I think it is for windsheild wash ?
but I don't know if this was std on camaro's are not ??? my car has some hole's where that is located on most car's , I just wonder if my car is supposed to have it , and where can I get this ????

------------------
69 camaro traded for 67 camaro traded back for 69 now back with a 67 rs WILL IT NEVER END ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I HOPE NOT .
ADVENTURE'S IN RUST REPAIR

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
They came on Chevy IIs, Corvairs I think and some other chevy's. Not on Camaros although I bought one at Carlisle because they are nostalgic!

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,Autogear M22,4.10's and I don't worry about stone chips ( yet ).

·
Registered
582 Posts
I remem`ber having one on my 64 Ragtop,
Never had one on a 67 Impala,
68 Biscayne Nope didn't have it either,
Used to buy windshield washer stuff in concentrate form, filled the bottle with water and used the ride along glass bottle to top it up with an antifreeze solution,

Had alot of fun in the shop, guys would be waiting at the parts counter, and we would spray a little bit of the stuff around him on the floor, light it up and boy did it get warm at the counter.

Another real bad prank we used to do was drop a lighted cigarette butt in a guys back pocket of his coveralls, was good fun until some one test drove the bosses Cadilac with a lit up Butt.

·
Registered
610 Posts
The glass bottle was for windshield washer solvent was a dealer installed option from what I have been told. Mt 67 RS/SS has this on it, The holes were there to match the bracket so when I found one on a 68 Chevelle I got it for my Camaro.I know where one is on a rusted out Impala if you want it when I can I'll get it for you.
------------------
1967 RS/SS 396 Camaro

[This message has been edited by johnnyr (edited 10-26-2002).]

·
Registered
967 Posts
You can buy these new from the Paddack for $39.00 including the bracket.

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Or for $5 at Carlisle.

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,Autogear M22,4.10's and I don't worry about stone chips ( yet ).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts