Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to rebuild the front suspension. Considering the Global West Del-a Lum kit that includes upper, lower control arm bushings, ball joints and offset upper control arm shafts ($499).

This will be a driver, but would like an upgrade. Is it worth it? Will Moog rubber be just as good for a street driven vert? Just think now is the time since subframe is out and will be rebuilt.

I realize there are many options out there but want to see if anyone has these installed in factory A-arms.

Any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
If I had my sub out and torn apart for a rebuild I try do do the best I could within my budget. For just a street cruiser I'm sure quality moog would be just fine, but so would a plain Jane stock 275 hp 327.

the Del-a-lum look good,

I'd upgrade.
:yes:

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After more research, I can also purchase new moog springs and a nice spring compressor tool for the same money if I stay with all Moog rubber parts and their offset shafts.

Looking at the OTC 7045B tool after reading a lot of other threads.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Use the Proforged tall upper ball joint with the Global West arms. I have used the same combination and it worked well.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I have Del-alum upper and lowers with offset shafts on stock arms for 5 years. Was able to get +3.5 caster and -.5 camber with the offset shafts. Money well spent in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,932 Posts
I have the GW uppers, lowers, and QA1 coil overs up front and like it. Don't get to drive it much because of other issues but rides good and extra caster helps. Have L2 rear leafs but not installed because of other said issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts