Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone please explain how the glove box lock goes in?????????? i bought the whole complete cylinder and new key assembly, i took off the part that screws into the cyl and put that in the door. now i can get the switch itself in but it don,t seem to go in all the way because i can,t get the key in, or does it latch when i close it. now i can close it and turn the switch and it will latch, what have i done WRONG???? i always have the worst luck with locks and fuel gauges. thanks for any input.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I did a search once already and either couldn't find or missed any mention of the tool.

Again, I'm curious what tool you use to tighten the retaining ring that screws in from the front of the door. I understand how to R&R the lock cylinder just not how to correctly tighten the ring.

I'll look again anyway but if anyone has the answer I would appreciate it if you would post it.

Scott

[This message has been edited by RockyMtnRacer (edited 09-20-2002).]

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
The 8-sided internal nut to retain the lock housing wasn't one of Fisher Body's greatest designs; I made a bit many years ago for them from a piece of 9/16" octagonal bar stock welded to a 3/8"-drive socket (that's what the assembly plant used). Otherwise, you just have to improvise.

------------------
JohnZ
CRG
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.