Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, any suggesting on for GM 12-Bolt Car Master Bearing - kit contains all the parts required for a complete ring and pinion installation, including pinion and carrier shims, pinion seal, crush sleeve or preload shims, ring gear bolts, pinion nut and washer, and cover gasket? I was doing research and seems a lot out there - not wanting any 'import' stuff but Solid and U.S. only. Its' for my 1969 z28 Camaro and clearing up my Posi Track Unit and figure just as well 'Go Deep' and do restore/rebuilt.
v/r
Jamie

·
Registered
435 Posts
It's hard to tell what is "Solid USA" anymore, but I bought a kit from an eBay seller RonsMachineShop in the USA that included Richmond gears, Yukon DuraGrip, Timken Bearings and the shims and gaskets I needed for under $600 bucks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ryan,
Thank u so much! yup that's what I am finding out to, not sure if correct but I was told Koyo has purchase ownership of Timken bearings. Greatly appreciate you and everyone else assisting me and will let you all know how it goes. I'm doing best to stay away from stuff not make well/cheap etc. These days getting a bit harder to know whom actually is making what, on another challenge I was researching and trying to find out on a few 12-Bolt Eaton Posi Track unit's if the clutch springs were 200lb of 400lb but summit and other's companies couldn't tell me.
vr
Jamie

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank everyone for assisting me, I was able get all needed and big Kudo's to Ryan for sharing RonsMachinShop!! Ron was great and was able to hook me up with all I was looking for as well manufacture specific I wanted - and great price too.
v/r
Jamie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts