Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this GM SB cam?

Number -476; 300hp/350 crate motor, 212/220 duration at .050", 112.5 LCA/?

I found it in a Chevy parts exchange book at the Mall this afternoon.

Can it be used in the old style cast-iron block?

It sounds like it should be a dandy two steps up cam from the -929 cam!!

pdq67

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Hey PDQ67,

This is the Hydraulic cam they put in the 350HO crate motor. It can be run in any of the older style blocks as I understand it. It's the cam I plan to put in my 327 when I rebuild it. It should run great with a set of Doublehump or aftermarket Iron heads in the 170-180cc range. I know Joe Harrison has ordered this cam & a set of Vortec heads for his 327 but he hasn't installed them yet. I'm very eager to hear his report when he gets it going.

-Mark

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Yep that's the cam fro the 350 HO crate engine with vortec heads. They say it's a copy of an older cam, then updated to better perform with vortec heads. I bought mine from Salle Chev for $35.00 or so. Might have been $45.00,m I have not put anything together on mine yet.........sorry no report yet.

PDQ, I have posted before that you should look at this cam. Maybe it finaly came to ya ;) Let us know if you use it any time soon.

Joe

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I remember!

Right you did Joe, and I did, but didn't find anything on it! I figure I really didn't know what I was looking for????

I did find the spec's on the L-69 305HO motor's cam tho.....

What are the rest of the spec's for it?

And I do figure it to be a dandy!!

And one more thing!!

I can't keep up with all the "ZZ" motors being bantered around lately?????????

Is there a list somewhere of the spec's for them or are they onna those, "we built it this week for our special" sorta deal???

pdq67

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
hmm.. i should get that came for the Monte. i was playing around with getting a Performer cam for it- or even the Summit clone- but why not "keep my GM car all GM", like the air cleaner sticker says?
hell, if it's 330hp with vortecs and 9:1 compression, it should be a hair under 300 with 8.5:1 and 882's- whihc is a bit more than the whopping 145 ponies that it is rated at in factory trim...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts