Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often see this engine in restomod type cars. I wonder why GM discontinued this engine? LS3 is still available. Maybe they are trying to push the newer LT4?

·
Premium Member
5,685 Posts
I am guessing because it was replaced with the LT4 and they have exhausted all the parts inventory. The supercharger lids have been on backorder for many months and they are fetching huge money on eBay. I sold my CTS-V lid for 1500. :)

LS3 will likely be next to go so if you want one get it now….

GMPP crate motor prices have gone stupid high. I won’t be buying another one and I purchased several in the past.

Don

Reactions: tp_smith

·
Registered
1968 Camaro 1975 camaro
419 Posts
I am guessing because it was replaced with the LT4 and they have exhausted all the parts inventory. The supercharger hats have been on backorder for many months and they are fetching huge money on eBay. I sold my CTS-V hat for 1500. :)

LS3 will likely be next to go so if you want one get it now….

GMPP crate motor prices have gone stupid high. I won’t be buying another one and I purchased several in the past.

Don
They have, I was wanting to do an LS3 480 in my 68... Yeah not with the cost of it.. PLUS the computer.

·
Premium Member
Shawn Lemans Blue 1969 Camaro LS3, TKO 600
955 Posts
IMO, GMPP engines have always
been overpriced, poor performers.
Can I ask how many GMPP engine have you owned?

I am very happy with mine.

·
Premium Member
1968 Camaro LS3 TH400
589 Posts
I hear a lot of stuff….but you can’t rely on everything you hear.
I tell some of them I had breakfast with Bigfoot and Elvis on a UFO…..but everyone knows Bigfoot doesn’t eat breakfast….

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
I hear a lot of stuff….but you can’t rely on everything you hear.
I tell some of them I had breakfast with Bigfoot and Elvis on a UFO…..but everyone knows Bigfoot doesn’t eat breakfast….
Bigfoot does drink coffee though. He is not much of a talker though, especially early in the morning.

Just an FYI I have one of those lame LS3 480 in my garage as well as three crappy truck engines.

• Haha
Reactions: Worn Out Welder

·
Registered
1968 Camaro 1975 camaro
419 Posts
I would say... the GM crate engines don't make the most power... BUT they make the BEST power that is usable, smooth, and easy on parts. Those engines will last a lifetime if taken care of.

·
15,871 Posts
I’ve installed several 480 hp LS3s and 525 hp LS3s

They will out run an SBC in just about every category unless you spend a ton of money building the SBC and they’ll smoke BBCs under 600 HP. Weight savings alone.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I’ve installed several 480 hp LS3s and 525 hp LS3s

They will out run an SBC in just about every category unless you spend a ton of money building the SBC and they’ll smoke BBCs under 600 HP. Weight savings alone.
Hahah...How would a 480 LS outrun a 480 SBC in almost category ?

Troller$69 ?

😁

1 - 20 of 98 Posts