Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
by the end of the day I plan on spending 700 dollars on my car. I can buy a vortec head kit from scoggin dickey (my friend with gasket match the heads and manifold for free which will mean I'm turning 400 horses), or I can buy my other 2 TTII's and have matching rims and also new bumpers. what do ya'll think?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
If it's running good now, I'd go for the looks..A few more horses won't really make any difference when you're cruising.
Matching wheels are a good thing.

Can't run good if you don't look good!

just my .02

joe

------------------
69 SS396 Resti-Clone
WCA Member
[email protected]
69 Pics http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1506559&a=11674961

[This message has been edited by Joe G (edited 11-11-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Joe G (edited 11-11-2001).]

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Yes Curtis, go for the Heads. BUT thinking about it, your recently painted car would look realy nice with those TTIIs. BUT what is looks without speed. BUT how fast will it look standing still without those wheels. BUT, BUT, BUT...
Forget it, it's your decision.

------------------
Our affair with Camaros is a live sentence without the possibility of parole. www.geocities.com/c68ss http://home.coqui.net/borench

[This message has been edited by ORENCH (edited 11-11-2001).]

·
Registered
278 Posts
f-the wheels....go fast

f-the wheels....go fast

f-the wheels....go fast

f-the wheels....go fast

f-the wheels....go fast

f-the wheels....go fast

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
Look good now 24 - 7. Go fast later. You'll have fun more often getting complements for the looks than the occasional romp thru the gears wasting a Rustang.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for going fast.

------------------
Robert

'69 getting better every day... (every pay day)

·
Registered
207 Posts
go fast remember the car in two lane black top

·
Retired
26,642 Posts
Since I have seen your car and it has fresh paint I suggest the wheels first. If it were still in primer it might be a different story. And don't forget the seat belts!!

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"

·
Registered
278 Posts
i had the choice between a buddy doin a mint paint job or a 200hp shot of NOS....guess which one i choose....hint, im still drivin around in black primer

------------------
The pike.net Pics of my 68

[This message has been edited by jvolk81 (edited 11-11-2001).]

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The one thing about the wheel is when you get them ( and maybe new tires ) you know that you are done with those expenses ... In the go fast arena, you are hoping that the "new" parts will give you the results you are looking for ... if not, you'll probably spend more money and time tweaking and tuning and still maybe needing to buy something else ... If you are dead locked on $700 , go for the looks ... or else, make sure you have some flexability in your budget ... just my $.02 worth

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmm, well since it is pretty important, I'll give the background. the car is pretty much put together exterior wise, three week paint, molding and everything else there, except for the back rims and front bumper. the engine already has a cam, and header, and ignition, and if I buy the heads, I'm also getting intake and a double pumper holley, and that setup is pretty much guaranteed as a 400 horse torquey build. so if I pick looks, then I'll be done with looks, and if I pick engine, than I'll be done with engine. for the time being that is. so with that in mind, what waits till after christmas (money after this goes to presents) and what gets done now?

·
Registered
304 Posts
are the heads a one time deal or can you get them at that price any day??

when I ran dirt my motto was:

I might not be fast but I look good!

------------------
drive it like you stole it!!! :D
67 327 11:1 4spd.
70 454 400thm 10 bolt posi
my camaros

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
that head package is $700, but did you take into account any extra costs? If you are running a healthy cam, you will need new valve springs. You may also want to install screw in studs. You will need centerbolt valve covers too. I don't think that the kit comes with these.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
on the contrary my friend, you THINK you'll be done with the engine. if your like most of us here, your never done

(just a little humor to get you going) personally i say go for the go fast parts 400hp is cool, and be a "sleeper" with the old wheels for a while.
can argue with the want to make your car look good though, especially if you just painted her.
tough decision

·
Retired
26,642 Posts
Ok, I'm gonna play hard ball here!!
How many of you touting go fast goodies are driving around in a freshly painted camaro with TTII's on the front of your car and steel wheels out back?

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ouch dennis, that was below the belt! j/k. I've decided to order the look good parts, now now, don't worry about it go fast guys, I just figured today as I accidentally got my car sideways on a newly wet road, that maybe I don't need the 400 horses until the spring. after all, I would do it before february, and what am I gonna do with 400 horses in the middle of winter? so I'll be buying the rims and bumpers later in the week, all I'll have to learn to be happy with my 300 something horses until then. at least the body will be pretty much done, because we all know that the engine will NEVER be done, haha. Thanks for all of your input. -curtis

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts