Team Camaro Tech banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
I used Ricks Ecklers (2017& 2018) until I grew tired of wrong parts, shipping costs and slow deliveries . I had done a few thousand $ with them for interior, brakes and other parts before I stopped using them as a primary vendor.

I now use Camaro Central primarily but also Summit, Jegs, Heartbeat, NPD, Rockauto, Classic, & SS396 based on their total pricing and item brand.

Online Tube I have used a few times. They solved an issue I was having with Ricks with the PowerGlide modulator vacuum tube. I got 3 tubes from Ricks that didn't fit. Ricks gave up trying to help. I got with OT and and sent them photos of what tubes I had, the info on my car and what I thought was the right tube from their their site. They quickly got back to me with right tube info. 4 days later I had the tube installed that they sent. Reason to find tube was the PO used fuel hose for the tube run.

·
Vendor
120 Posts
That was interesting. Did the fabricators make their own dies or did they purchase used dies form the original sheet metal suppliers?
They make their own. Trade laws in most countries forbid the importing or exporting of tooling. Plus, if you could see the amount and size/weight of the original tooling sets (yes, sets, because most pieces are created by going through a series of stamping steps), you would quickly recognize that it's not cost-efficient to transport a tooling/fixture set for a fender cross-state, let alone overseas.

·
Registered
48 Posts
They are right across the street from each other, but are different owners, that’s for sure.
Ok then my apologies go out to Heart Beat City. Just assumed because of their location they were jointly owned. No apologies however to the other company. They deserve all the bad comments made about them.

·
Premium Member
2,398 Posts
I've pretty much used all of the usual vendors over the years, for Chevelle's, Nova's and now the Camaro.
Just depends on the day, the part, and the shipping cost at that time.

But I do use Summit as much as possible due to the free shipping, price match, and almost always 1 day delivery for me.
I just got a Milwaukee M12™ Underhood Light from them price matched to Home Depot yesterday. :)

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Thanks Rick. It is interesting that vendors such as yourself saw a market years ago and were able to get a commitment from the fabricators to make the dies and press the panels. It was a good business decision and we are enjoying the benefits of being able to buy replacement panels today.

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
I like NPD for anything Camaro specific. The Michigan store is only 40 minutes away and many times I was in the showroom with my rusty panel or cracked plastic piece matching and measuring their stock against my original before I left. Customer service is always top notch! In one instance I ended up with a door that had a badly formed inner brace causing all sort of problems. I spoke with Rick personally about it and what I wanted to do, and he gave me a free door skin to make it right. I’ve worked with Classic Industries ( (n)) Ecklers, Camaro Central, Heartbeat City, and others. No one comes close to NPD for customer service and quality in my opinion.

For mechanical items; I’m a big fan of Summit Racing, Rock Auto (site discount), and MCB. MCB has some amazing sales around the Holidays and Kim at MCB straightened out a problem with Vintage Air for me. Also great customer service.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Most of the vendors have good customer service, it depends on who you are talking to. Thanks, Rick for your detailed information.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts