Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 69 camaro with stock rod throttle linkage..thinking of switching over to like a lokar or something cable because old stuff is wore out and occasionally throttle pedel will stick wide open..so i really dont want that to happen...any tips on what is the best replacement..easiest anyway?

·
Banned
3,176 Posts
I thought the 69 uses a throttle cable, anyway, purchase the universal Lokar throttle cable, get the one with the black casing, looks more stock like!....After you cut it down to size it is fairly easy to install at both ends (gas pedal, throttle cable bracket).

·
19,842 Posts
Look for a 6 cyl. gas peddle and cable :yes:

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Kenny -

The easiset thing to do to get info on this is to do a search here for "throttle cable" and start reading.

There are many threads about both OE style cable set ups (6 cyl pedal with Nova cable) and aftermarket (like the Lokar). There are pics of where to route the cable, and lots of discussion, all for the searching.

·
Registered
588 Posts
the 6-cylinder gas pedal and cable will bolt right in? i have a 67 camaro with a 327 and holley 650 dp, i have a throttle rod and they are a pain, looking to switch to cable.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I have the Lokar cable (24inch) on my bench...probably will install today. Drill a small hole in the wall and hook it up after some shortening of the cable and housing. I have a Lokar pedal setup also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts