Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyine have a good ideas of what a good spring rate, size and so forth would be for a Big block yet still dropping the front 1.5 to 2 inches.

I have a lot of info in regards to small block but not much on big block. Any comments would be great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I think 600 to around 650 would be a good rate to begin with for a street car. If you were going to drag race, it would be different and the same goes for a road racer as well. But I think IMHO, a 600-650 would be a good 'all around' spring.

The height could be done a couple of different ways. I think the best way to do this would be to use the AFCO springs with thier spring adjusters. Because you can get the rates in like 50lb incriments and they are cheap! You could buy a couple of sets of springs and vary the ride height all day long if you wanted to.

I myself like the adjuster. You can change the cars handling by slightly making minor ride height adjustments.......

·
Registered
378 Posts
Chicane the variable adjuster sounds great! Where can you get it? Does it come in a kit (springs and adjuster)?What spring rate would you recommend for a small block/aluminum head/with a.c.?

Thanks, Ray

1 - 4 of 4 Posts