Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 69 is parked outside and its cold right now in conn. im stripping the paint this weekend the car has rust NOT MUCH but it has some and it could grow after i strip the paint i need a primer one i can put on without a spray gun or anything other than paintbrush or something cheap store bought aerosole or whatever its going to be a while before it is painted so i dont want any more rust cause cash isnt coming in since im a youngin.
tim
69coupe

·
3,176 Posts
Eastwood carries aerosoleself etching primer in a can for bout $14
Checker Auto Parts carries a similar aerosole for $7
would think it would be good for those that have to strip a car in sections only thing is you would want to later sand it down and spray in with one uniform coat prior to painting

·
Registered
161 Posts
It might be a little cold for painting right now.Paint don't like cold weather!!

------------------
70 z/28 4sp,71 camaro hugger orange/white stripes,2000 v8 Grand cherokee.(Former Know it All)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Your doing more damage than good if your doing this outside and its colder than lets say 60.

------------------
67 Camaro SS Conv.
70 Challenger R/T Conv.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well as far as it being cold i cant do anything about it i have to for now or until i find a garage for rent im stuck but is there any coating i could put on certain areas of the car the would keep it better protected in the weather i dont want to put por 15 on the outside it will just cause me problems later tryin to remove it but anything else. Or anyone in northern conn with garage space for rent.
tim
and as far as me bein a younging im 15 im getting this car ready for my licence i also have a wrangler for everyday dirvin and in the winter and because ill be scared to drive the camaro everyday id be afraid to get in an accident

1 - 6 of 6 Posts