Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TIRED OF SEARCHING THROUGH EBAY FOR OVER PRICED TIC TOC TACHS? NOT SURE IF THEY WORK?
WELL YEAR ONE OFFERS NEW TIC TOC TACHS BUILT TO ORDER. THEY ALSO HAVE SPEEDOMETERS..120, 140 MPH AVAILABLE WITH SPEED WARNING BUZZER!! I ORDERED MINE TODAY INCLUDING THE ENTIRE CONSOLE GAUGE PACKAGE. ALSO AVAILABLE IS A NEW SPEEDO/TACH CIRCUT BOARD!

CHECK IT OUT AND SEE WHAT YOU THINK.

JOHN

·
Registered
85 Posts
hey 68rs
I hear that you have to wait for same time to receive it, is this truth?

------------------
68 RS ORIGINAL 327,350 trans.4 BARREL 650 CFM EDELBROCK,
HEADERS,2CHAMBERS FLOW MASTERS,3" PIPE.
12 BOLT REAR END 331 GEARS

·
Registered
44 Posts
can you install the tach in the original gauge cluster. just take out the gas gauge or do you need some other piece in the back to hold the tach in.

·
Registered
321 Posts
If I remember right, the clock protrudes out the back of the carrier so you would have to modify the ones that have the fuel gauge as well as purchase the schematic for the electrics.

------------------
68 SS 396

·
Registered
87 Posts
its not like ya need to be a genious to hook up a tach. power, dist, lights. don't really need a schematic for that.
save da muny

[This message has been edited by 67electro (edited 06-25-2001).]

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,123 Posts
I think what he meant was that you need the circuit board for the back. The clock has a different circuit board than the standard cluster. If the clock is already in the housing than it is as simple as unscrewing the gas gauge and circuit board and replacing it with the new. You will need a tach input as well as a voltage source for the clock as well.

------------------
Cars:
68 RS/SS BB ragtop
63 Nova II ragtop
Club:
Camaro Club of Kansas City

·
Registered
85 Posts
68rs If you go to electrical and wiring and look for a post dated 4-29-01 authored by me you will get all the info you need to install your gauge cluster without buying a new harness for the dash. I just did it to my 69. It isn't that hard, with the help of this site, all things are possible! If its not there anymore. let me know and I will scan it and e-mail it to you....I printed it out for futher referance.

·
Registered
85 Posts
68rs, you can still download the scmatic from the T jones on 6-9-01 Just make sure you study the wiring under your dash very very carefully! A little bit of time spent on your back on the floor of your car looking around the under side of your dash will be time well spent, believe me. I never wired anything on a car before, Its mostly just common sense. If you hit a snag just hop on this site and someone will help you. I used a wire connector called posi lock and they are really nice. I got mine at Auto Zone. If you study the existing wiring and read the posts and follow the advice the guys gave me you can,t go wrong. Don't be in a hurry. If for some reason you can't download the scmatic give me your e-mail address and I'll send it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
68rs-conv, Did you get your tach setup yet? When you do please post your findings on quality ect. I am thinking about one just for the fact I would think they are more accurate than the original ones. But I am also wondering how they look appearance wise compared to a original

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey guys, I ordered 5 of the 68 tic-toc-tachs last week. I hope to get em soon! I do have thr 67 and 69 tachs! I have sold a few of each and my customers seem to be VERY happy! They look just like the orig. which is always a plus and they are gauranteed to work which is a BIG BIG plus. We have also ordered the console gauge packages, waiting for those too. The reproduction OER parts are great, I sell A LOT and haven't had ONE return yet...I also ordered the COPO 140 MPH speedo's for the 69...These parts aren't for the hard core numbers matching guys..I think they are nice for those who want to add a little something extra to their cars for themselves as well as onlookers. If any of you are looking for these parts drop me an Email and I can get ya on my waiting list, there seem to be SEVERAL people wanting the 68 tach's....I can't wait to get em in..

·
Registered
460 Posts
Please post when someone actually has one of these in their hands. I called Classic Industries today and the guy I talked to said there were none in stock and there was no date as to when they would be in stock. He said he could put me on a huge waiting list and didn't figure he would have any for around six months. I passed. While I have the money I would like to pick one up.
quickchevy-why do you say they are not for the numbers matching guys? Are they not just like the original as stated? If anyone gets one of these or find a place that has them in stock please post. The money was a birthday present and I want to spend it before I have to spend it on bills or something stupid. I won't be able to save up the money once I spend it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts