Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of replacing the front coil springs in my 69, it has a 396, and I'm not sure if the original coils are big block or small block type, but I'm sure they need replaced. The car sits too low, and I've got 14 inch rims on it, and want to go to 15, and I'm afraid I don't have the clearance. I'm going to do shocks all around also, I've decided on KYB gas shocks, but my question is, what would be a good spring, and where can I get them? I would like to add a few inches of clearance, and not have the thing handle like a truck....thanks!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Guldstrand offers several different types of springs and Hotchkis is offering a big block spring and it is a 2" drop kind so it may be just what you want without having to do any cutting.

·
Registered
999 Posts
i've always used springs made by trw, that are to the factory spec's. if you put in a set and they sit to high, you can always cut off a coil. but then again, you can always do like mark said a go buy some that are always made shorter. i believe you can pick up a set for around 70.00 bucks that are made by trw and most places sell the trw name products.
later,
bruce

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the input....Firewheelclassics
has a set of big block springs for $69.95, they are in my area and I can get them almost
immediately, they are Moog springs.....Does
anyone have any experience with them? KZ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts