Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy a left front fender for my 1967 RS, was going through prices and found NPD was the best at $189.95... Goodmark was at $249.95.

Can anyone give me a comparison on the quality and the ease of putting a fender on from NPD compared to Goodmark?

Thanks! :)

·
Gold Lifetime Member
2,204 Posts
Not sure... but I wouldn't be surprised if the NPD fender was a Goodmark.
They sell a lot of Goodmark products.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Generally speaking, manufacturers (goodmark) who will sell directly to the public (many will not) do so at "list" pricing to protect thier dealers (NPD) The dealers pay the manufacturers a discounted "wholesale" price (which is generally the same from one dealer to the next, depending on volume discounts and such) The dealers are then free to sell the product for whatever price (and therefore profit margin) that they choose.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys... I decided to give them a call and incase anyone else is interested, they have a few different suppliers - so whatever they have in stock is the ones they send out.

·
Registered
601 Posts
doesnt matter what you buy 1 person in taiwan makes it all dealers name goes on the box depends who sells it. seen goodmark name sticker on a box underneath it was golden legend. only oer makes there own.but you pay for it also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know the post is a couple of days old, but I thought I would put in my 2 cents. I have actually ordered both goodmark and from npd. The difference was night and day. The thing you need to look out for when ordering the sheet metal is the stamping. NPD deals with the lowest bidder, ie why they carry many brands and sell whats sitting in the warehouse. The problem there is that the sometimes the stamping is off (and in my case 2 inches, you will need to work it in either way, but 2 inches is way too much). Call and ask who makes it and see if you can find out how old their tooling is. Goodmark has changed over to a more accurate tooling in the past year or so and is worth the extra money in my opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts