Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy gave me a r59 battery today !! he bought it 6 month's ago for his 67 and could never get it to work as many of you here have told me , he said he sold his boat and did not need the battery
anyway the thing look's great I charged it for a few hour's and it will almost light up the dome light I guess that is all it will ever do , but it look's so good I have to use it somehow , has anyone ever thought of putting a battery in the trunk and just have the r59 as a dummy ??? that would be more real ooking than a topper ??? I only use my car for cruising and sitting in a parking lot at rod run's with the hood up I could hide the cable's going to the trunk battery and it would look cool !!! what do ya guy's think ?
earl

------------------
69 camaro traded for 67 camaro traded back for 69 now back with a 67 rs WILL IT NEVER END ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I HOPE NOT .
ADVENTURE'S IN RUST REPAIR

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
dont bother with the trunk battery deal, just use your new one.
The trunk requires a steel sheild from the passenger section, a vent, an external switch, and heavy lines, waste of time and money if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Forget the battery in the trunk, just always carry a good set of jumper cables. Any mustang owner would love to give you a jump anytime

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
camaronotcamero what are you talking about the trunk battery having external switch ? vent? , a freind of mine had a nova pro street he had a trunk battery with two long welding cable's he never had a minute's trouble out of it ,

------------------
69 camaro traded for 67 camaro traded back for 69 now back with a 67 rs WILL IT NEVER END ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I HOPE NOT .
ADVENTURE'S IN RUST REPAIR

·
Registered
142 Posts
CNC is talking about an external kill switch for a trunk mounted battery. It's a must for a drag car. Not necessary for a street car. I have never know anyone to take thos kind of precautions on a street/show car. I am personally hoping to go to a dual battery setup with a yellow top optima in the trunk in order to feed my reavenous stereo. My car wouldn't start this weekend after only a few minutes of stereo play with the car off. Damn amplifiers!

Dan

------------------
67 Pro-touring Camaro-327, 9:1, Comp XE268 Cam, Perf. RPM Intake. 750 Holley, Sportsman II Heads, Ceramic coated headers, 700R4 trans, 17" Amer. Racing TT2's, 12" disc brakes, custom stereo, black with white stripes, cowl ind. hood.

·
Registered
358 Posts
mebe, stop by some time and I've give you another one, the R-59 batterys are junk, kind of like redlines or poly glass tires,they might be original but sometimes 30 years of technology can't be ignored.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Is it possible to cut the top off the R-59? Or the sides too for that matter? Has anyone tried to tear one down? I've wondered this since I know mine's gonna crap the bed someday.

JD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts