Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Bought my 69 Camaro dream car (when I am done with it anyway) a few weeks ago and have been snooping around this forum for a while. It has helped me out big time throughout the whole process, so thanks.

I have never owned a muscle car, but i grew up around them. I have little experience doing body work or building out motors, but I am going to learn. This car was purchased to be a family heirloom and will go to my sons when I die.

Back to the car... I ended up buying a red (original color is burgundy) 69 SS w/a non-original 350 motor and a black vinyl top. I believe it to be a true SS, but you know how that goes. It does have the markers for an SS; original dual fuel lines, numbers matching M20, speedo cable to the right of the steering column, front disc brakes and 12 bolt rear end.

It has some rust issues and has had some panels replaced. The paint is crap. I plan on disassembling and media blasting the car and then doing the body work. I am scared. I ain't going to lie to you.

Anyway, I look forward to chatting with fellow Camaro freaks. :D

Oh... and I already pulled a newbie and put the wrong year of my car in the title. Getting off to a great start.

Regards,
Ben

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Welcome Ben. Sounds like a good project.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Technically it is two threads... but this one I was just introducing myself and describing my car. The other I was asking for advice. But what do I know.

·
Premium Member
6,349 Posts
Technically it is two threads... but this one I was just introducing myself and describing my car. The other I was asking for advice. But what do I know.

You know you have a 69 Camaro. Pretty good place to start

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You wouldn't be too sure by reading my threads. LOL

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the "money pit" club.
Don't worry about putting the wrong title in your thread, just as long as you don't spell Camaro "Camero", which happens more often than you might think. You will really get dinged for that infraction!

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
So is it a 68 or a 69 ?
There is a huge difference you see . . . the 68 guys have their head screwed on straight. :D

So very true, looks like Ben is stuck with one of those step children with the flat wheel wells, between 68 and 70, when the real round wheel wells came back. Kiddin aside, looks like a nice car, Welcome here!

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
have been snooping around this forum for a while. It has helped me out big time throughout the whole process, so thanks.

It has some rust issues and has had some panels replaced. The paint is crap. I plan on disassembling and media blasting the car and then doing the body work. I am scared. I ain't going to lie to you.

Anyway, I look forward to chatting with fellow Camaro freaks. :D
That's the beauty of this forum, no mater what you get into on your car you can find help here.
If it weren't for Team Camaro my car would still be in pieces all over my shop floor.
I have never taken on a project like my car was, but the help I got here got me thru it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts