Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new forged Eagle crank and forged Scat H-beam connecting rods. The crank is 4340 forged steel with the chamfered oil holes with a 3.48 stroke and a two piece rear seal. The rods have a length of 5.7 inches. I was wondering...anybody have any info on what pistons are the best? I want to go with a dish piston to keep the compression ratio low. However, I haven't found anyone that makes forged dish pistons. Some info would be very helpful.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah...that's why I want to go with a lower compression. I am building the 350 engine right now and I'm looking at toping it off with a twin screw supercharger after breaking it in of course. The lower compression ratio is better for supercharging not to mention I'm gonna run it on pump gas. lol I'm looking at going with dish pistons and a copper head gasket to lower the c/r. As for heads...hmmm....Iv'e been thinking about that. lol I was thinking about going with 64cc heads. These heads with the copper gasket and the dish pistons would put me somewhere's in the neighborhood between a 8.5 and 9.0 c/r I think.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
If you plan on supercharging you might as well get a blower piston. SRP # 139632 for 4.030" bore is one to look at and will make 8.5:1 with a 64cc head.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts