Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I'm in the middle of restoring a 1967 Camaro Ragtop. The other day I decided to switch out my regular steering column for a tilt one and ordered one. So today I decided to order the turn signal lever and the tilt lever from one of the prominent big name companies out of Georgia. After the total was tallied up,then the parts guy tells how much the shipping was for these 2 pieces and I almost crapped in my pants. They wanted $12.50 to ship them and then ask me if wanted insurance for my order. My tilt column came out of Michigan and they only charged me $18.50. Needless to say I didn't order the parts and called another parts supplier that ship the items for $4.00. So beware about shipping costs. :mad:

·
Premium Member
10,083 Posts
How does Classic Muscle (Modern Chevrolet) in N.C. do for you? I was very happy with their service and prices/shipping were very good. I am in California and will order from them next time for sure.
Gary

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't mind paying a shipping charge, but I don't want to pay the shipping and handling(fondling) charge. I recently (last week) bought a console gauge set from a LARGE southern California company. $32 shipping and handling from Cali to Wash. I checked UPS after it arrived and it only would cost 6.85 to return it to them. Talk about a built in profit.

·
Registered
671 Posts
hey National parts depot offers free shipping on orders over 300 dollars, its through ups and its ground service i have bought a couple orders from them, most all these companies offer the same products though sometimes you have to be carefull, also NPD has locations in n carolina, michigan and florida and california, so its somewhat quick i think 3-4 days anywhere goodluck
jake

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
Amen to NPD BBCamaro.

I order from the Michigan store and I get my parts in 2 days UPS ground. So when you need it fast without the shafting, try those guys. Order from the nearest location.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey sounds like I am part of the club! I placed an order with a big name company that is about half the distance of California, and the order was $110, for parts that would normally come UPS for about $9 bucks, I was charged $40 dollars and some odd cents! Needless to say I won't order anything there again. And to think, Chuck Hanson of HP tv endorses them..............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts