Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOOKING TO SET MY ORIGINAL 14 " RALLYS & REDLINE TIRES TO THE SIDE & USE FOR JUDGED COMPETITION ONLY! SINCE I HAVE ALL TOTALLY ORIGINAL SUSPENSION IN MY CAR,HOPE TO USE THE STEEL CRAGAR SS -- WHAT WHEEL COMBO WOULD BE REAL SUITABLE FOR THAT NICE STANCE LOOK FROM REAR & FRONT? NEED TO KNOW WHAT WHEEL SIZE & TIRE SIZE IS BEST FOR THE FRONT & REAR TO GO WITH MY ALL STOCK SUSPENSION, PLAN TO USE 15" WHEELS FOR SURE BUT WIDTH IS A ??

·
Registered
43 Posts
Rick, I'm headed there myself. Looking to go with Diamond Back 15" redline radials all the way around. Going conservative with 60-215's front and 60-225's in the back. Would like to go with SS reverse wheels in back and standard wheels up front.

What do you all think? I've got stock 14" ralley rims on it now with some older 60-235 radials.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I went with 15x7 215 60 front and 15x8 235 60 rear on stock suspension and am pleased with results. Would post pic but can't figure out how.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
To post a pic... First put the pic on the web somewhere... personal file storage with your isp, Yahoo pictures, webshots, somthing like that. Open the image on your computer, highlight the url and hit "ctl" c to copy it. Hit the image button when you're posting here. A box will pop up, hit "ctl" v to paste and click ok.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
I like cragars. They look retro on my 67 like a day two mod. I have two sets of wheels, rallies and cragars but I don't think the rallies will go back on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Question

Would like to go with SS reverse wheels in back and standard wheels up front.

Response

The reversed (deep dish) wheels will stick out of the fenders about 3".

Is this true???

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Camaro ragtop # 1, 20 years ago, I ran a 235-60-14 on 14x7 SS in front, L60-15 on 15x8 reversed SS in back, I put 4" deep fiberglass flares on the back to cover em, and thay went to the lip and filled the wheelwells completely, looked really nice by 1984 standards, I'll post a pic of her monday, they're on my work pc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have 15's deepdish in the back and 15's reg on the front.. doesnt stick out 3's in the back even with a 10in wide tire. i like the look but with the wide back tires they'd rub down to nothing on turns if i didn't have 5leave high arc springs keepin the end up :D

·
Registered
374 Posts
love the cragars brichead!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts