Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have to share this with someone that can appreciate my excitement but yet dissapointment. I was running (exercising) the other day and I decided to turn around and go look at a place where I knew there may be some old cars for sale. When I turned around I saw a blue '68 Camaro. It had ralley wheels and looked pretty plain but in good condition. It stopped at a light so I decided to speed up my run and try to get a better look at it. Well it turned to the left so I continued my high rate of speed (heart really racing now) and tried to see where it was going. It turned into the post office and I thought COOL!, I just might get to talk to the owner. Well I continued running and then I noticed it did not park, it just did a drive thru the mail box outside. Well I am in the post office parking lot and the car now turns my way and drives right in front of me. I looked the car over and noticed that it had two old ladies driving it and then it even had handicap license plates. I am confused between excitement and dissapointment because I wanted to follow the ladies but I just could not keep up my pace. Hopefully the post office won't run me off for camping out by the mail box!

·
Retired
16,004 Posts
Take a hand made sign to the Post Office at about the same time of day you saw them, and stand in the parking lot so they can see your sign: Old Camaros Park Here :) maybe they will stop to visit then. Great story, thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
I think thats great. I see a couple of "older folks" around my area driving neat old stuff. One is a bubbletop 61 chevy is great shape, the other is a 67 malibu also in pristine driver condition. I'd bet they get the same wanna sell question all the time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am always on the look out for older vehicles and it amazes me to see "older" people driving these cars, because chances are they are the original owners. They really can appreciate a good vehicle.

·
Registered
609 Posts
A few years back an "original owner" pulled her 9,000 orig mile 69 6 banger into the swapmeet area.....NOT for sale, but a crowd gathered and the auction began, but she didn't sell! MY card was the only 1 she left with, no call yet!!!!

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Love the pic of the granny at the wheel. There's a red 68 396 4-speed car in Seattle in the Lake City area that's driven regularly by a granny. She got tired of the vinyl roof and painted it black instead. Otherwise, all original car.

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
Why on earth would a Granny want to drive a '69...
Oh yeah...it has great 'no effort" brakes
Good turning circle, better than most imports
Good light no effort steering box, better than even a Jag.
It one of the easyests cars to park.
Good entry and exit for shorter ppl who may have arthritus heath problems
And defenatly a Car designed for the driver.
Then there is the bonus of all these 'cute' younger guys coming up and chatting to them...

The only real draw back, is because of its height it is hard to find in a parking lot...But thats NP to a Granny, she just looks for the dreamers hanging around the car lol....

No wounder they dont want to sell...

A liitle tongue in cheek...with a lot of truth in it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts