Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been without my blinkers cancelling on my 67 Camaro since I’ve owned it. I described my problem to a Camaro dealer and by looking at the pictures I showed him of my pieces that came with the car and he said I need to ask for a Chevy kit for a Grant Steering Wheel. I would post a link to Oreilly’s site but don’t know how. What do ya’ll think? Anyone have a picture of the assembly and I wonder would the Grant Steering, Chevy kit come with pictures and directions for the installation.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It has been my experience that the Grant installation kit does come with instructions.

It has also been my experience that the Grant horn button is a giant PITA. I have removed all of the Grant wheels from my vehicles. I bet I have a box of 6... and replaced them with reproduction GM wheels. I am a big fan of the 69 Camaro comfort grip wheel. And it uses all GM designed parts for the horn so those problems go away.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike C2, thanks for your reply. I haven’t been on here in 3-4 days and just happened to see your reply. My lucky day. I didn’t know that about the grant wheels, this just happened to be on my car when I acquired it. Thanks

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
If the problem is with the blinkers not cancelling then it probably isn't the fault of the steering wheel, you likely need a new cancelling cam which can be a PITA to replace. I've had a Grant wheel on my car forever without any issues. Okay, there was that one time when one of the shoulder bolts backed out and activated the horn...

Here are the installation instructions:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts