Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a Grant LeMans wheel for my 68 camaro.Instructions say to install plastic horn contact assembly onto hub assembly in grant installation kit.This mounts onto steering shaft there's a spring that goes between horn contact & washer that holds upper bearing.When I mount hub&horn contact on shaft it will not compress spring enough to remain on shaft & adapter for wheel is not fully mounted.Hope I made this understandable anyone else had this problem?I'm going to contact Grant tommorow.Thanks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Not sure what the problem is. Will take a stab at the answer you will receive from Grant.Sometime in the past 36 years the column was removed and not re-installed correctly. Do a search here on installation of steering wheels. Some good info can be found.

·
Registered
332 Posts
There are two springs that are supposed to be inside the plastic tube not one. Seems like you are missing one. You can try usuing the sring from a ball point pen. Just add it on top of the one thats already in there.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help.One more question,where does retaining spring locate on steering shaft in relationship to other parts?This spring is aprrox. 1 1/2" long very stout coil. thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts