Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This also means that my 95 Chevy G20 van is exempt as well :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Even in our dumba$$ hippy-loving bleeding-heart-liberal state of VT, only a vehicle that came from the factory with a catalytic converter has to have one to pass inspection. They don't sniff-test right now, but that will probably change soon. I'm fine with it as long as the sniff-test also applies to hippy B.O. :(

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Man, and I changed my plates last year to antique so that I didn't have to get an exemption every 2-years. Oh well.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I think the only good thing about owning a classic car in Sweden is:

Only bi-annual inspections, tops
Cheaper (real cheap) insurance cost (fully covered abt $300/yr)
No tax (only a small fee, known an "registration fee" abt $5/yr)
Emission test? What's that? Usually, the inspector is a (classic)car loving man who does not bother checking your CO2 levels, or anything else, for that matter.:cool:

You bring a Volvo/SAAB/F¤¤d/ other car of more modern design...well thats a different ball game.:(

This is the maybe the only thing that is better than living in e.g CA. The climate? I'll trade ours for yours tomorrow if possible;)

·
Banned
21,341 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Congrats! Here, testing is only required in the chicago and st louis (and maybe a few more) areas. Until we moved out to "the sticks" I had to have the very sniffed every other year.

edit: wait a minute, that is from Illinois! So I can move back to Naperville and not get sniffed? Cool!

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Wow!! That is HUGE!!! 1996 & later used OBD (On Board Diagnostics) I also got antique plates for my 1969. I remember my first 1969 was down for a while after the engine was replaced. I got it running again and had to test every freakin November. I remember one year it was raining like cats, dogs, buckets & 55 gallon drums to boot. It was also about 35 degrees. I think it was 1992. I had to drive from Addison, IL (where I worked at the time) to the Bedford Park emissions control center to get my 1969 sniff tested.

That car ran clean even with 12.5:1's in it and a .292/544 cam in my 396. It would have passed 1979 specs and not that far from 1980 specs.

It's about time!! Although I thought the new law would just make cars older than 25 years exempt. I guess one can go buy a 1993 ZR1-Corvette or a 1995 Viper and not have to worry about it as long as they were in compliance as of February 1, 2007. Cool!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.