Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, took a look at my PS fluid today and was surprised to see the fluid in the reservoir has turned somewhat greenish. The pump is new, the steering box was rebuilt, the hose liner is PTFE, the fluid is ACDelco, which was clear. Any ideas? Thank you -

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Residual from the pump, and the box mixed with your fluid. Probably will not hurt anything. Could suck that out and change it if it bothers you.

·
Premium Member
3,716 Posts
Green is a California thing isn't it? Tell CARB, Hey look I'm green.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
I was thinking it was badly aerated. AC Delco is the best I have found. Does not foam and aerate under harsh conditions.

Don

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Residual from the pump, and the box mixed with your fluid. Probably will not hurt anything. Could suck that out and change it if it bothers you.
I was thinking it was badly aerated. AC Delco is the best I have found. Does not foam and aerate under harsh conditions.

Don
Thanks for the insight guys, I'm going to pull some out of the reservoir and replace it with fresh ACDelco and see what happens.

I'm wondering if the flow restricter I used might be contributing to the possible aeration: https://www.turnone-steering.com/products/gm-type-ii-pump-flow-restrictor

The restricter was recommended to me as best practice when using an LS pump with a Gen 1 steering box.

Steering feels great and is very quiet...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts