Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Glad to be a now be a part of the crew. My name is Brian, my buddy Nick -Daytona Yellow 69 Z/28- directed me to here to learn more about 1st Gen camaro's. I've had dozens of Firebirds, Trans am's and assorted other Pontiacs but I've only had 2 Camaro's. One was a 1980 Z-28 and the other was a 1999 Hugger Oranger SS. My latest desire is to own a 1969 Camaro so hopefully I can learn more stuff about them here so when I find my project car I'll be set to go. I look forward to my time on this site! :beers:

Brian

·
Registered
984 Posts
Welcome Brian
Lots of good information and good people here.
Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Good to have buds like that! Welcome to the crew, eh?

Looking for a '69, but if luckier, ya might stumble across a '68.:)

capt

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome all! I just got a couple of restoration parts catalogs for the 1st gens. Looks like the parts search will be easier than finding a decent project car! :cool:

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Welcome Brian! I have been working off and on out at Fort Wingate for 12 years, so I know Albuquerque well. I wouldn't mind living there someday if y'all don't run out of water.

Wading through the parts catalogs can be daunting for sure. A lot of the stuff is good quality, some is fair, and some is total junk.

Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey Brian, Good to see you here. The HOSS is doing great here in Farmington. You should have taken me up on the offer of a trade of my 69 SS 396 x22 for the HOSS. I'll keep an eye out for a 69 for you. I have a 68 that may be for sale soon.
Paul

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Brian, Good to see you here. The HOSS is doing great here in Farmington. You should have taken me up on the offer of a trade of my 69 SS 396 x22 for the HOSS. I'll keep an eye out for a 69 for you. I have a 68 that may be for sale soon.
Paul

Hey bud!

How's it going?? Glad to hear the HOSS is doing good. I remember that 69 you had, it was a very tempting offer but I was already paranoid on driving the HOSS around here. I woulda been a nervous wreck driving that awesome 69 around with all our 'fine' drivers in ABQ :D.

I am just looking for a 'plain jane' driver that I could do a slight custom job, and fix up over time and then of course paint it Hugger Orange.
We still need to get together here soon and talk cars! :beers:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Brian,

Welcome to Team Camaro! I spent 10 days in Albuquerque building houses for Habitat in June. Great town.

Best of luck on your search. I've got 2 '69 Zs and they are the loves of my life (besides my family, of course).

John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts