Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Hi Tomas, for sure pictures....!!
Lots of help and experience here from folks who have been on every nut and bolt. Welcome..!!

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Welcome, what is the story on how a 67 Camaro ended up in Lithuania?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all again :)
I bought it from Copart (USA) a few years ago. Had a hope for a better condition, but I’ve got what I’ve got :)
Attaching a few photos of an arrival and the process.
Have a plan to paint it 1967 Marina Blue (13364), but looks like there is a challenge to get a paint formula even having a paint code… :)

Attachments

·
Registered
672 Posts
Welcome to Team Camaro Tomas. Nice project indeed, and a convertible too. Just so you know and by viewing your photo's, your car is either a Rally Sport (should have hide a way headlights up front) as implied by the lower rear end valance showing the backup lights position (below bumper) or the rear lower valance has been changed out for one reason or another. A non RS car has the reverse lights mounted in the rear brake / turn signal area. Your rear lower valance appears to have factory punched holes and not just cut out by someone. Since it's a 1967 you can take a picture of the cowl tag (on firewall, driver side) and post it for it to be decoded. !967 Camaro's are the only year that tells more about it on this cowl/trim tag. Or you can go to CRG (Camaro Research Group) website and decode for yourself. Enjoy your time with your car!

Edit: I just realized that your car has front side marker lights on the front fenders. They were either added or your car has 1968 Camaro front fenders installed. 67's didn't have side marker lights anywhere. 68's and later had them on front and back's each side.

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Welcome to Team Camaro Tomas. Nice project indeed, and a convertible too. Just so you know and by viewing your photo's, your car is either a Rally Sport (should have hide a way headlights up front) as implied by the lower rear end valance showing the backup lights position (below bumper) or the rear lower valance has been changed out for one reason or another. A non RS car has the reverse lights mounted in the rear brake / turn signal area. Your rear lower valance appears to have factory punched holes and not just cut out by someone. Since it's a 1967 you can take a picture of the cowl tag (on firewall, driver side) and post it for it to be decoded. !967 Camaro's are the only year that tells more about it on this cowl/trim tag. Or you can go to CRG (Camaro Research Group) website and decode for yourself. Enjoy your time with your car!

Edit: I just realized that your car has front side marker lights on the front fenders. They were either added or your car has 1968 Camaro front fenders installed. 67's didn't have side marker lights anywhere. 68's and later had them on front and back's each side.
Yep, looks like a 67 RS with 68 front end with 67 standard grill. Look for hidden collision damage. Last picture shows front driver without marker light hole.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Hi,
I know, the car had an accident and was rebuilt using wrong components. Nevertheless I want to bring her to the closest possible to original state.
please see the cowl tag photo attached. Your comments regarding original trim and which parts of the car are wrong on the photos are more than welcome!

Attachments

·
Registered
672 Posts
Others can clear up anything I missed.

10 C = Car was built 3rd. week of October on or about the 17th. a Monday. < Q178 = planned scheduling day for possibly starting build.

12667 = Model year 1967 and that it was a convertible built at Los Angeles, probably the 489th. car built that day within reason, scheduling and shift.

765Z = A50 Strato bucket seats without headrest. K1=Emerald Turquoise with white convertible top.

EXD: E= Tinted all glass, X=Power windows, D=Power top convertible

2MGR: 2M=Powerglide or TH400 transmission, G=Center console, R=Rear speaker

3SL: 3S=Interior decorative group, 3L=Rally Sport package

4F=Remote control mirror, 5BY: 5B=Bumper guards/rear, 5Y=Deluxe seat belts.

I'm not sure which engine your car came with. I suspect it wasn't a (SS)Super Sport and could have come with anything from a six cylinder or a 327 ci engine. Otherwise it would have 4P, 4N, 4K, or 4L listed.

All in all, a very nice car with some very nice options. Hope this helps you out. Enjoy her.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Others can clear up anything I missed.

10 C = Car was built 3rd. week of October on or about the 17th. a Monday. < Q178 = planned scheduling day for possibly starting build.

12667 = Model year 1967 and that it was a convertible built at Los Angeles, probably the 489th. car built that day within reason, scheduling and shift.

765Z = A50 Strato bucket seats without headrest. K1=Emerald Turquoise with white convertible top.

EXD: E= Tinted all glass, X=Power windows, D=Power top convertible

2MGR: 2M=Powerglide or TH400 transmission, G=Center console, R=Rear speaker

3SL: 3S=Interior decorative group, 3L=Rally Sport package

4F=Remote control mirror, 5BY: 5B=Bumper guards/rear, 5Y=Deluxe seat belts.

I'm not sure which engine your car came with. I suspect it wasn't a (SS)Super Sport and could have come with anything from a six cylinder or a 327 ci engine. Otherwise it would have 4P, 4N, 4K, or 4L listed.

All in all, a very nice car with some very nice options. Hope this helps you out. Enjoy her.
Thanks for comments! Can you list what you think doesn’t fit with the specs looking to the photos?

·
Registered
672 Posts
The only things that come to mind is mostly the rally sport front grill. The pics show the black front fenders on and they would possibly be correct if they have the flanges/braces for the RS grill to mount too. Can't tell by the pics, so I don't know if you have the correct front lower valance (sheet metal below front bumper). That is where the front turn signals should be, Rectangle and sit back in factory pressed openings. The third pic (in blue) showing the rear looks correct including the correct brake/turn signal lights and the correct gas cap lid, and reverse light location. Then there are bright trim pieces and emblems that you may want to put back when the time arrives. I am not very familiar with '67 convertibles, so others will have to help you with the drop top stuff. Your lucky that someone hasn't cut up the dash radio area. These are the only things that I see from the pics provided.

You should join and add the website Camaro Research Group (CRG) to your list. They have about all of the info that you will be needing. Another thing you might consider is going to a 1st. gen parts website and ordering some very, and I mean very helpful manuals to help you along. Heartbeat City has 5 of the most needed manuals grouped together. They are 1967 (AIM) Factory Assembly and Instruction Manual, 1967 Chassis Service Manual, 1967 Body by Fisher Manual, The Definitive 1967-1968 Camaro Z-28 fact Book and the 1967-1969 Camaro Rally Sport headlight and Console Gauge Wiring Diagram Manual. Those are currently offered by Heartbeat City's website listed as #LIT-2047 and cost $107.95 not including tax and shipping. Another website you should check out is chevy-camaro.com. Lots of info there as well. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
The VIN tag in the driver door jamb front will tell if it was a V8 or 6 cylinder engine. As others stated, the CRG website will also have a lot of information for you to discover.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The VIN tag in the driver door jamb front will tell if it was a V8 or 6 cylinder engine. As others stated, the CRG website will also have a lot of information for you to discover.

Here it is :)

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts