Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
my name is Daniel.
I'm writing here from Switzerland. First of all, sorry about my English, I'm still learning...
Classic cars are a part of my life. Since nearly 30 Years, I own and restore classic cars. Most of it where British classic cars and one Italian.
But, now, I'm looking for a 67 Camaro. It must be a convertible to hear the sound of the V8 and my daughter like the wind in her hair. A classic US muscle car is a dream.
I have absolutely no experience with Camaros and V8. I read a lot in the internet and in this forum.
Well, I'm sure I will have some questions soon.
Have a nice week.

Daniel

·
Premium Member
13,877 Posts
Daniel welcome to the site and we look forward to helping you with your Camaro you plan on purchasing. A 67 Camaro is a classic that has very few safety measures you see in today's cars. Back in the 80s I tried to give my daughter my 67 and she drove it around the block and said no thanks.

Roger

·
20,096 Posts
Welcome to TC Daniel...your English is 1000 times better than my Swedish. (I know none :eek:)

Good luck on your search. :beers:

·
Premium Member
4,048 Posts
Welcome Daniel.

Welcome to TC Daniel...your English is 1000 times better than my Swedish. (I know none )
Doug is in Maryland and I am in Texas. We probably understand each other but I bet it doesn't sound the same.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Welcome, we both had the same requirement, I have a 67 ragtop also. Some insurance companies do not allow people under 25 to drive a classic because of the lack of air bags etc. It would be cool to see some pictures of foreign cars that we do not see over here that you have restored.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Welcome Daniel. I had the pleasure of travelling through your beautiful country many years ago during a trans-Europe drive, and will never forget the stunning scenery and the dedication to maintain a total lack of roadside trash.
Great choice in Camaros, and you may even be able to find a GM Suisse-assembled car locally there!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Welcome to TC Daniel...your English is 1000 times better than my Swedish. (I know none :eek:)

Good luck on your search. :beers:
Welcome Daniel and I noted several muscle cars there a few years ago when we traveled around but most were newer types. Daniel, since there is no Swedish language but areas that speak German, French, and Italian which part or area of Switzerland do you live in. In our travels I've never been to a country that so many people spoke multiple languages. I have trouble with just one. :grin2:
What a gorgeous country and hospitable people! Again welcome friend!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi to all
Thank you very much for your replay.
Just to clarify, Sweden and Switzerland are different countries. ;-)
Most important compared to Sweden, Switzerland is not a part of the EU....anyway.... :)
Yes, we have 4 different languages in our small country. Swiss German, Italian, French and a very small part with Romance. I life in der "German" part of Switzerland. Around half an hour away by car from Zurich, near the lake of Zurich.
We have here a big community with classic cars. Classic cars from all over the world. Good investment for many people here too.
Yes, in the 60's GM produced US cars near Biel at the French part of Switzerland. But most of the cars are rusted away because of our salty streets during winter time. Lucky one if you find one of these in good condition.
I start with classic cars with an age of 17. My father has an Model A and infect me with this virus. I started with an MG B convertible. Main idea was at that time to impress the girls... well, it worked.
Attached some pictures of my cars now: My cats, 65 E-Type and 66 S-Type, 1960 Bentley S2 together with my fathers A, my wife's 1960 Bugeye and the 1966 Fiat 1500 C.
Well, but now, it must be a 67 Camaro. I will be in Indianapolis and Chicago early April and I hope to see some cars beside my work.
Thank you again.
Daniel

Attachments

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Hi to all
I will be in Indianapolis and Chicago early April and I hope to see some cars beside my work.
I'm about an hour south east of Indy. PM me when you are in town.... you are welcome to stop by.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Welcome to TC. Very nice cars! It would be a very good idea to look at the Camaro you are interested in buying personally before buying. FYI The areas you mentioned visiting are in or near what we call the "Rust Belt" so be careful up there - they use salt on the roads in many places too.

·
Super Moderator
32,887 Posts
Welcome, Daniel, to the Club.
Good luck with your search - look far and wide.
Nice collection you have - love the E-type.
Keep us posted on your search.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Many thanks to all!
Vielen Dank an John.
Yes, I'm sure I will have many questions.
On which place in the forum should I ask for buying support?
I found a nice ragtop in Chicago, but the engine is not correct. The car came from Florida.
The car was a 6 cylinder and have now a V8. So I have question about the engine.
Kind regards
Daniel

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
On which place in the forum should I ask for buying support?
Post a link to the car if you have one. We can look it over, but won't be able to tell many details just from pictures. Several guys on here in the Chicago area..... you might find someone that is willing to look at the car in person for you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts