Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this site, but I'm a Camaro lover from way back... (Won't say how far back, though) I fell in love with the 70-73s back in high school but never managed to get my hands on one til the late 90s. I never thought I could afford a first gen, but one fell in my lap a few years ago. A 69 ex- drag car with a full tube chassis. It was way too cut up and modified for a restoration but I have been piecing it back together for the last 5 years as time and money permit, with the intention of turning it into a Pro Streeter. All I have right now is a 2 year old pic, but you can get the idea of where it's headed. Thanks for looking..... Doc :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
I Second the motion! Located in NW Arkansas, 1st picture post on the site, Just finishing my Blown 67 RS Project. Car has been through alot of changes over the last 2 Years, But close to Super Chevy bound! Team Camaro has been a big help from Ideas to buying parts. Great site and people. Thanks Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hello fello okie..:waving:

I have always wanted to build a back halved first gen.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Hi Doc,

It is great to have more Okies on the board. I'm out in BA, just down the road from you. Maybe we could get together and tell each other what we are doing wrong on the rebuilds! I'd love to see your car in person and show you mine. Drop me a line sometime!

H.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hi Doc /Britt-Good to see you over here on TC- I'm still looking for parts for my 2nd Gen- Maybe I'll send you a message - There ARE people over here that own 2nd's too...

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hey neighbor.... Glad to see another Tulsa Camaro guy on the forum.... I really think we should all get together sometime share war stories... Nice ride...!!!

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Hey neighbor.... Glad to see another Tulsa Camaro guy on the forum.... I really think we should all get together sometime share war stories... Nice ride...!!!
I'm with you on that. Just let me know when and where. We could meet up at my house if you like, but don't be mad if I stick a wrench in your hand!

H.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My shop is in north Tulsa, over by Hwy 75 and 36th St. N..... Right across the street from the Cop Shop. Feel free to come by whenever you get the chance. I'm almost always here... Also, you guys might want to check out the Tulsa Street Scene cruise night... Saturday night, 7-11 pm, in the Burger King parking lot at 41st and Memorial... TSS does something EVERY weekend, rain or shine, all year long.... We have cruise-ins, car shows, etc in the warmer months and "Wrenching Parties" during the colder months. (I'm one of the board members, so I have to plomote...lol.) I think the GF wants to go to Thunder Jam, tonight, so I may not be there, but otherwise, I rarely miss a club event. My # is (918) 508-9602 if you wanna give me a shout. Let's get together sometime... Doc

www.TulsaStreetScene.com

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Here is a shot of my 72 daily driver, taken 3 years ago. It hasn't changed much since then but I have driven the snot out of it. I used to average 500 miles a week.

By the way... Anyone know where I can get my hands on a pair of 69 doors with the glass and regulators, or a pair of 67 standard fenders for a reasonable price?

·
Registered
141 Posts
include me in on the fun as well, I live in collinsville and would love to do the saturday night thing at burgerking and meet the group.
scott

·
Registered
33 Posts
Okie here as well. Grew up east of Tulsa in Chouteau. Live out in western Oklahoma now. Still get back over there from time to time. That cruise night sounds cool. But usually the Dunes are too busy to get away from on the weekends.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
I'll be there Sat night. I'll try to make it this week, but if not, I'll definitely be there sometime. I look forward to meeting you Doc!

H.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Im kinda thinking about stopping by tonight too... Kinda depends on the freak'n weather.... Might shoot for next Sat....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm headed out there in the 72.... Be a lil late but not bad... Plan on hittin the drags afterward, too.... Doc.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts