Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy! I'm new to the site, but in reading some of the posts, I've decided that there are some really knowledgeable people here. I just inherited a 69 Z28 from my "cousin" who passed unexpectedly from a heart attack last August. I'm married to my wife for over 30 years now and have 2 grown kids. I'm 53 and was just deemed disabled by Social Security. This means I'm going to have a little more time to devote to researching this car. He acquired this car before I met my wife, and it supposedly was a "mule" car in the production of a movie. With the exception of the carb and manifold, it appears to be all original, but I have some research to do.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Welcome, Dale. Sounds like you walked into a gold mine if the car checks out as a real Z. Post up some pictures if you would.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Welcome to Team Camaro Dale. What part of the "United States" are you from? Let us know how we can help and as noted, we love pictures!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the warm welcome!
I'm in the pacific northwest in a small town (250 people) called Worley, Idaho. Worley is about 30 miles south of Spokane, Washington, but on the Idaho side. I have some pictures on my hard drive, but I don't have them posted on the web anywhere

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Your car was built at Van Nuys approx. the third week of Feb. '69. http://www.camaros.org/geninfo.shtml#HowMany Date on trim tag should read 02 with a letter after that designating what week of the month the body was started. So far so good.... it is a V8 car. If you start a Photobucket account and upload your pictures to there, it's easy to insert pictures here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm uploading some more pictures to photobucket now. I know for sure that the carb is not original. Not sure about the manifold. Not sure if it's a DZ motor. At present, I am unable to walk or put weight on my right foot, so, climbing under, over, and around the car is going to have to wait about another 30-60 days until the doctors release me. Someone has started to disassemble the top end. I have no clue why, and the only guy that might know isn't going to answer my questions without a medium. I plan to take a compression test, spin the oil pump to make sure it's got sufficient oil pressure and check valve adjustments before I try starting it. I have no idea when the last time the engine was fired.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts