Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed my 1994 Camaro(LT1 conversion) has the GU5 RPO code which means "Rear Axle Performance." Just what is this option?

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would sure like to talk to whoever did the conversion just so I can know whats been done. It has 4 wheel disc brakes, which isn't original, it has the 150 mph speedo, which isn't original, it has all leather interior, which I'm not sure it it was original but I don't think so, plus it has the 5.7L LT1 which isn't original.

I just wounder what might have been done to the engine and what it's out of. It run awful good.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
What was the car, a 6cyl car originally? That's a heck of a lot of work to convert a 6 cyl car. Are you sure it's not an original V8 car? 4 wheel discs are standard on Z28 and B4C cars. Leather is an available option, the LT1 was standard on the Z28 and B4C as well. Maybe the door is from another car and shows the RPO codes from that car. Does the RPO sticker match the VIN of the car?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would sure like to talk to whoever did the conversion just so I can know whats been done. It has 4 wheel disc brakes, which isn't original, it has the 150 mph speedo, which isn't original, it has all leather interior, which I'm not sure it it was original but I don't think so, plus it has the 5.7L LT1 which isn't original.

I just wounder what might have been done to the engine and what it's out of. It run awful good.
I'm sure you're just kidding!:D

·
Registered
320 Posts
RPO sticker should be inside glove compartment, which is often changed since the lock/latch goes bad, easier to change whole door, probably what happenned. Your vin # will tell if its an original z. C

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
B4C? I've seen this before but not sure what it is. Could my car be this B4C since it seems to have been heavily modified?

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
B4C is the Special Equipment Options package number for the heavy duty "police package". Not available with a V6, which the VIN (8th character = S) shows.

I'd check the VINs on other parts of the car (no idea where they are on a 4th gen, but if it is like most modern cars it is on darn near every part that unbolts) just to be sure the car wasn't retagged, but it may just be that someone swapped over parts from a wrecked Z.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts