Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok at the request of a few I'm posting a couple of photos of my new wheels. The new Hammer from Budnik it's under a new series called the driver. Brushed face/polished lip. Another point that 18's definately don't look too big on a 67. Nitto 555 go on next. Tell me what you think?

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I like em!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rocket I was very close on the cobalt wheel. You never see that and I like the split spoke a lot. I did not get the clear coat. Hopefully they hold up fine. You can get that fat lip on any wheel they make. It would look sick on the Cobalt for sure. Go for it - but be prepared to W a i t

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
DREID,
When you say be prepared to W a i t. How long are we talking about. They told me 3 weeks w/o clearcoat and 4 weeks with. How long did you WAIT. What size rim and backspacing did you go with?

I am going with 17" Cobalt Fat Lip series, since X series will not clear the 13" Baer front brakes (calipers).

Rod

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I really like that look. And you choice of finish is great too.

Get some tires on it, get in on the ground, and post some new pics. :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It took a little over 5 weeks so I guess that's not too bad. I was just really anxious I guess. They are 18 x 8 4.75 and 18 x 9 5.375 bs
Tires go on tomorrow and I'll update the pics.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
KBIRD - what did you use to clean those up after they got the tires mounted? The knucklhead smudged them up pretty good and some didn't come off with soap and water. Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Amen to that - those guys are so laid back it's hard to get a response from them. They take the Huntington Beach adress pretty seriosly I guess.

·
Registered
44 Posts
DREID, I'm in MI so we are ok. I wiped mine with soap and water. I do have an email into Budnik about what to use to clean them. Not sure what you have on your wheels. I was thiking of a light hand glaze for cleaning, but don't want to screw them up after spending the monthe for these.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts