Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Since I don't use the ashtray in my center console, I put some Velcro on the ashtray lid and stuck the Holley touch screen mount bracket to that.
I ran the cable for the touch screen from under the dash, then under carpet and up under the console with all the other wires..and out next to the seat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone mount the hand held controller ?
Looking for ideas... any pics ?
I'm wondering if anyone has tried mounting the display in a tach case? I plan to install EFI in my 67. I had a Sunpro tach mounted under the dash near my right leg, but got rid of it when I installed a stock tach in the dash. I think the EFI display may be a bit too large for the 3 3/8" Sunpro Super Tach II case. There are 5" tachs, but they may be a bit too large to mount near my leg. I may use a 3D printer to build a custom Tach-like case for the display.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,648 Posts
Rick, which EFI system are you using? All of the handhelds are slightly different.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
I ran mine into the glove box. Drilled a small hole to feed the wire in. I attached a small piece of Velcro to the back of the controller so it attaches to the back of the glove box. While driving, if I want to look at it, I reach over and open the glove box and I can see it clearly. I have Vintage Air so my glove box is quite a bit shallower than stock. If I need to use the controller I just pull it off the Velcro and pull it over to the drivers side. It reaches no problem. When done I push all the wire back into the hole I drilled in the back of the glove box (The wire goes behind the glove box and is hidden).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts