Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I've wanted a Gen 1 Camaro for as long as I can remember and I finally got me one. bought this last Saturday. Needs some TLC inside and under the hood but runs and will run even better with a little attention.

Obviously an engine wiring harness is tops on my list. I'm working on removing the blue pinstripe. I'm also going to sand Tweety smooth then sand the rest of the spoiler and paint it satin black with a rattle can. Hopefully if I take my time it won't look like it was painted with a rattle can. I can do that cheap and put the money it would take to repaint it professionally and spend it under the hood. It's a great 20 footer, looks amazing from a little bit away but up close you can see it's not the best paint job in the world. Also, I'm pretty sure it's not a real SS and the vinyl roof is not stock. Still, I'm not complaining, it looks good, it runs, and best of all, IT'S MINE!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Great car to start with. A little TLC as you can afford it. If the car is a factory color, you can get factory color mixed in a rattle can at many automotive paint suppliers for about $20 bucks and repaint your spoiler.The "Tweety" is a bit much and has to go. Lots of folks here with bunches of knowledge. Welcome aboard.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Welcome Brandon. Invest in a quality easy plug and play harness that you don't have to crimp and terminate your-self. If everything up from is stock take a look at American Autowire's http://factoryfit.com site. If modified there regular site http://americanautowire.com

As to Tweety Bird...pictures too small to see that or the pin stripe, but what is the bird? If its a Decal or sticker try one of these non destructive to the paint or spoiler methods first.

Steam is my first choice, if you don't have a steamer, use an iron on the steam setting and hold it an inch or two above the decal and blast it a few times with as much steam as the iron can deliver. After a while the edges of the decal or sticker should be pliable and slowly pull towards the rest of the sticker or decal to prevent it just snapping off in your hands.

Hair dryer, on low setting will also soften the decal. Or use a chemical remover such as "goof-off". If you use these methods You may not need to repaint unless the decal or sticker was used to hide damages.

looking forward to your progress updates.

Brian

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts