Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen articles and cars using a nice polished upper radiator pipe hekd on by two short hoses with Gates power grip clamps. Can someone tell me where to get the pipe and short hoses? I have a 69 with a big block. Also being its a pipe with no ridge will the power grip clamp hold it secure without it popping off? Any help and pictures would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
721 Posts
can't help on the pipe, but just a tip... find someone with a bead roller - they should be able to add a retention bead to the pipe as long as the roller will fit inside.

·
Registered
345 Posts
From what I have heard and read, the power grip clamps should hold on without any beads necessary. I have not tried them myself, but they sure look a lot better than regular hose clamps :yes:

·
Premium Member
5,291 Posts
A certain former member here would have recommended raiding the drain pipe from under the kitchen sink. Really!
I don't know that you could find one long enough or big enough. The drain pipe from a sink is 1 1/2 dia, not sure what is required for a radiator.

Jeff

·
Registered
614 Posts
The first time you lean your arm against that metal radiator pipe you'll change it back to a rubber hose real quick. Those things get HOT!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts