Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has seen or heard of this centerdrive truckarm rear suspension? allows you to put big fat tires on the rear also.looks pretty cool
I wonder what's up with it?
web page

click on the f-body link

there is also an article in super chevy magazine about it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The kit actually does allow you to run a larger tire even without doing a mini-tub as the shocks and leaf-springs are the first things that the tire comes into contact with before the inner wheelhousing becomes a problem. You can also work in the inner wheelhousing to gain a little extra clearance.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm interested....
With the Truckarm suspension, what's the largest tire you could fit on a 68 Camaro without going the route of minitubbing?
What is the estimated cost of the 30-40 manhours to install this kit?
Where do you route the exhaust to get it out the rear of the vehicle?
Thanks!
Tim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hotrods to Hell is located in Burbank and they install the kits there. You can call them up and get a quote on installation.

·
Registered
521 Posts
The 30 hour time estimate was from a Super Chevy article. Aside from having to remove the rearend and gas tank to complete the upgrade, there is some cutting and welding involved on the floor pans and you also have to do some cut and weld work on the rear end housing to remove the old leaf spring brackets and install the new mounting brackets for the truck arms. A few other details are in the article also, but that's the major stuff outside all the nuts and bolts assembly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts