Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Chevy camaro Rs/SS
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used this product? would you recomend it ?

Rod Link replacement clutch linkage engineered with spherical rod ends at every major friction joint. No more metal to metal, instead a chrome spherical bearing which runs against a Teflon impregnated bearing race that accomplishes several things.

Flash photography Gesture Elbow Knee Audio equipment

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
I used that same technology in my 55 Nomad 20 years ago, but I didn't buy a kit. I just got all the stuff I needed from SPEEDWAY MOTORS (for a LOT less I might add!) I think I had all of $50 bucks in the conversion INCLUDING the shipping!

And yes, it worked fine.

Ed

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
The tremic kit I got from SST came with the one for the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
1968 Chevy camaro Rs/SS
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also have a tremec t56, did you upgrade the linkage after adding your tremec? was it a big difference?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I just ordered the Speed Direct one a couple weeks ago, tracking says I will have it 1-12-22.

I have done these type of linkages in previous cars and it improves the feel a bit, smooths it out especially if you have a worn linkage you are replacing.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
It's a pretty simple upgrade. 👍

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
I made mine from rod ends purchased at the local hardware store and some aluminum bar stock donated by the machine shop I worked in. They're a nice upgrade.

Edit 1-8-21: My setup is just like the Pozzi design linked by Just 1 More.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Yes, use it in my 2nd gen, works great.

I bought the parts I need to make one for my 67, I just haven't yet

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
I used the Pozzi/McMaster Carr setup Just1More shared above. Its easy and the tubing chosen is up to it.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Interesting idea, I could get some 3/8 spherical rod ends and do this, just wondering about the 1/2" diameter tube and if it fits OK through that hole in the clutch rod boot? Has anybody thought about using the type of rod ends that have female threads? Then you would just have to thread the ends on a length of 3/8" rod.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Mods are what make the site what it is. True experts like David Pozzi and BigGearHead don't seem to contribute as much these days and I cant say I blame them.

·
16,112 Posts
Why not just figure it out and machine it yourself? Good grief. I have friends who do this everyday and do not ask questions. Built. Not bought. I machined my own female threads on a lathe and installed spherical rod ends. What's the big deal?
That boot will not last long anyway. Plan on replacing often. Junk rubber.
Scott, No need to belittle a guy that prefers to buy over build.

I like an egg sandwich once in a while. I don't grow my own wheat and I don't bake my own bread. And last I looked I have no chickens laying eggs in the back yard. Get my drift.

If you have constructive posts, which I know you have many, we appreciate greatly that you share your knowledge. However please share it without calling guys dumb a**es if they don't have the experience, tools and desire to build it themselves.

Thanks

Reactions: X-77 keith

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
Scott, No need to belittle a guy that prefers to buy over build.

I like an egg sandwich once in a while. I don't grow my own wheat and I don't bake my own bread. And last I looked I have no chickens laying eggs in the back yard. Get my drift.

If you have constructive posts, which I know you have many, we appreciate greatly that you share your knowledge. However please share it without calling guys dumb a**es if they don't have the experience, tools and desire to build it themselves.

Thanks
Agreed. Take care.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I also have a tremec t56, did you upgrade the linkage after adding your tremec? was it a big difference?
Just curious are you running a lakewood bellhousing? That is what I have and I tried everything to get the mechanical linkage to work, including trying rod ends and I never got it to work right. I ended up going with the hydraulic setup. Wish I would have just done it in the first place.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts