Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having someone do a resto mod on my 67 camaro. Builder suggested getting better front seats with some "bolstering". My whole theme with the car is trying to keep it "resembling" an original 67 Camaro. I found these seats and they keep with that theme. I have "deluxe interior", and my wife wants head rests so I thought these might be the ticket. 1967 Camaro Pro Touring II Reclining Front Bucket Seat Assemblies, Procar Deluxe Interior Pattern, PAIR Post your thoughts, and if you maybe have other suggestions, I am all ears.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,330 Posts
I personally don't like those as far as looks go. I don't think they resemble a Camaro seat. I would use a 69 seat and have some bolsters made into them. I have TMI bolster foams and covers , but it's not really what I would call a true bolster. Just my opinion. I mention using a 69 seat as it has a headrest.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I am having someone do a resto mod on my 67 camaro. Builder suggested getting better front seats with some "bolstering". My whole theme with the car is trying to keep it "resembling" an original 67 Camaro. I found these seats and they keep with that theme. I have "deluxe interior", and my wife wants head rests so I thought these might be the ticket. 1967 Camaro Pro Touring II Reclining Front Bucket Seat Assemblies, Procar Deluxe Interior Pattern, PAIR Post your thoughts, and if you maybe have other suggestions, I am all ears.

Thanks
Do you not have seats? If not, get a set of used ones and have them redone. You obviously aren’t sold on these.

·
Premium Member
6,275 Posts
I think those are basically Procar Rally seats. I’ve used them, (not the Camaro version) they are quite comfortable for the money.

Don

Reactions: Vega$69

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Camaro RS/SS BBC Tremec TKO-600
29 Posts
I have Procar Smooth Back Rally seats w/headrests in my 68 and love them. They are comfortable, and bolstered. I had the matching rear seat cover installed also. The front seats were simple to install with the Procar first gen Camaro adapter brackets.

·
Registered
Many
16 Posts
I have them in my 69 and really like them.. I'm 6'4" so I love the fact that they recline. I covered my in houndstooth and cover the factory back to match. View attachment 296130
Where did you get the seat cover and exactly what seats are those?

Thanks
Craig

·
Registered
420 Posts
From another thread: As I said, I'm 5'7"...and my hair touches the headliner. The seating position is very tall. Also, with the seat adjusted forward for proper pedal access, I can't get my legs out under the steering wheel unless I follow a very specific series of moves. Love that they have the seat recline/angle adjustment, they're very comfortable to sit in even for an hour+ drive, but the side bolsters are too aggressive for my tastes, which leads to the steering wheel/leg thing, and the seat back is thick enough that they leave zero leg room for back seat passengers. Again...5'7" so the seat isn't exactly pushed back much.

Seat, Series 1050, Lowback, Black Vinyl Cover, Lever Recline, Passenger Side, (Mfr. #: 80-1050-51R)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is there such a thing as a seat that would fold forward so that a passenger has a little chance of getting in the back seat? Or will I need to move the front seat forward and hope the back seat passenger is thin and flexible?

Where are good places to look for seats? The internet can be very frustrating.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts