Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone on here made there own caltracs set up i just recieved my hotchkis leaf springs 1 1/2 drop and thought if i asked for some opions was looking at the caltracs and wondering if you really need to change the front eye bushing would it be possible to simply cut the rubber bushing down to the width of the spring to have room to install the two triangle plates on either side of the front eye mounting bracket i have read on this site some guys say the caltrac rattle just wondering if this would fix that problem and if it would work i also conntacted hotchkis about the shackle bushings i talked to duane for awhile on the phone i was in the barn and did some measureing for him i checked the dia. of the bushings irecieved and they were all the same size 1.610" i also checked the bore in the frame rails they are 1.575 that is a .035 press if i told him i didn"t think i could press them in and would never be able to get the steel sleeves in i also told him i had seen these problem exspressed on this site so he asked me if i could find some post on here and email them to him i did that last nite i think i sent 6 or 7 threads to him i will wait and see if i hear back for him i would like to say thank to guys guys on this forum

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
19,801 Posts
Yes... and I modified them some for my car.... yes Tested and Work :yes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts